Thursday, December 28, 2017

Boxing Day sale!


I usually don't go out on Boxing Day, but the snow had stopped and the roads were clear, so we ventured forth to Market Crossing on Marine Drive.
I believe these stores were built in 2009, and at the time I was very excited as a Michael's craft store was added, and it's the closest one to our home. I used to spend $70 each time I visited but those days are long gone. I now spend around $10 or less! 
I found a darling Christmas fireplace which lights up. It's perfect for the mini dolls and it's so cute! It was marked down to $6.95 from $22 Cdn!


Nanea received a darling mini tea set from Frankfurt Germany! Actually, Robert got it for me and put it in my stocking. I picked it out on that hot May day when we spent 2 nights in Frankfurt on our 35th anniversary trip to Europe. We didn't have much time to shop there, but I found it in a souvenir store near our hotel. 
The little Bible is a New Testament with teeny print. It was a gift from Steve Jensen, Robert's childhood friend he still keeps in touch with. It belonged to his maternal Grandmother. He sent it as a surprise in the mail and I waited until Christmas to open it.
The hand embroidered doily is from Heidelburg. I love these sorts of presents the very best of all!

By Loretta Houben

2 comments:

Gail Griner Golden at Gail-Friends said...

Greetings - I'm visiting from Take Peace. What lovely dolls! You are so talented. Blessings to you and yours.

Loretta said...

Hi Gail, nice to see you here! Thanks so much. Come by again!