Wednesday, November 29, 2017

Dolly play...


This was one of my prettiest window scenes, done in 2006. Lately I just don't seem to have the time or the energy for this, sad to say, but I'm trying to get back into it. The dolly groups, facebook pages, blogs and YouTubes are all inspiring me greatly, and I find when I "play" with the dolls, re-arranging them, dressing them up etc, it relaxes me and makes me feel peaceful instead of hyped because of all the evil news I hear on social media. (not just TV anymore) So I am now looking at my doll collection as a Stress Reliever, and therefore very valuable!

by Loretta Houben

4 comments:

Angela said...

Yes! Isn't playing with dolls the best? My favorite days are the ones where I can spend an entire afternoon up in my sewing room, listening to favorite music, while sewing for my dolls. Even better if it's pouring rain outside and I have a good cup of tea and a small dessert to nibble on! I rarely listen to the news anymore...it's all so negative and depressing. I'd much rather focus my thought on things that make me happy.

Loretta said...

Thanks for dropping by and commenting, Angela! I love the things you sew for your dolls. They are so pretty. I feel weird if I don't listen to the news at all, so I try to catch a bit of it, but lately it's just about done my head in. Ack! I miss your blog posts, so I guess you must be really busy at your sewing machine!

Heather from PennilessCaucasianRubbish Dolls Blog said...

Amen! It's my dolls that save my sanity lately too! When I am stressed I can just pick up one, change her clothes and brush her hair and I feel stress melt away! Dolls are magic!

Loretta said...

Yes, I agree, Heather!