Wednesday, December 28, 2016

Chatty Cathy and Barbie.


I took these photos in January 2015.
I have thousands of photos which I'm trying to organize into their correct folders. That may take a while! This is one of my Chatty Cathy dolls; a hard face, blue decal eyed, brunette pigtail doll. Above she is holding my first "Barbie" doll, which is the only kind my Mom would buy for me. I got her on my 5th birthday, and my sister Leona got the same doll, but with white hair. They were purchased at Woolworth's in Vancouver BC. The doll is wearing her original dress with original shoes. Mysteriously I never named my dolls. The dress Chatty is holding was one I got in 1966 for a Christmas gift. The "Teen Fashion" case was 99 cents and it came with my doll.


I've blogged before about my Francie (a 9th birthday gift) and my Stacy (an 8th birthday gift from my aunt Frieda). I still have their original swim suits.


Robert has two of his original toys; a teddy bear and this Kubkar which he made in 1970 when he was in cub Scouts.
It's fun to keep your childhood toys!

By Loretta Houben

No comments: