Wednesday, September 14, 2016

My Maplelea doll, Leonie.


This photo was taken in December 2013, when we had a few inches of snow. We've had quite a lot of snow over the years since we moved to this house in 1994. The snow has been quite deep at times. I had recently purchased the amazing well made in Canada toboggan so I had to take a picture. It took me all of yesterday afternoon to find it! I have thousands of doll photos. Now when I find one, I date it and file it in a special file folder for that particular brand of dolls!
Leonie is a Maplelea doll from Canada, sold only in Canada at their website. I found her for only $15 (regular she is $99.99) at a local thrift store. If you keep your eyes open, it's positively amazing what you can find in thrift stores.
The dolls are very well made. The only thing I don't like is their eyes stay open, and look like they're staring, but in person they are cute; they just aren't too photogenic.
Sienna is an Our Generation doll, and she is dressed in an OG outfit appropriate for the snow. OG is also a Canadian company!


Maplelea designs the cutest outfits, and ships all packages for only $9 Cdn to anywhere in Canada! This is the cutest outfit, and so Canadian! The snowman is a Hallmark item, and is great for doll prop photos.
By Loretta Houben

No comments: