Wednesday, June 1, 2016

Vintage doll props re-made by Patricia Floyd


10 years ago I began to purchase doll props.
I loved the 1950 era vintage tin pieces that were available on eBay at that time.
I made a new friend by purchasing items from an eBay seller.
Her name was Patricia Jean Floyd.
She was very talented!
She bought used items and re-painted them white, and added cherry decals.
I'm so glad I bought them when I did.
Here is my childhood Chatty Cathy doll posing beside the vintage fridge which Patricia re-did.


The little mix master set on top of the fridge is actually a salt and pepper shaker set!
It's also vintage. The background scene is from Molly's American Girl set.




Here is the darling cabinet also re-painted and decorated by Patricia.
She made the adorable pie and cake too.
She was certainly very talented.



The set goes well with the American Girl Molly chair and table set.
I purchased this in 2006 too.
That was a great year for dolly props!

Here is a photo taken from eBay's auction when Patricia made lots of food items.
She did really well with her sales.





Sadly Patricia died after a brief illness on August 20, 2011.
I never met her in person, but she was such fun to know online.
I'm very glad to have acquired the three darling items that I do own.
The vintage washing machine is my all time favourite.
Patricia was only 58 when she passed away, so make sure you enjoy every dolly day!

By Loretta Houben



No comments: